Historical Lake Oswego Addition
This Arts and Crafts home was built in 1928 by Portland architect Ernest Tucker and is historically significant. The homeowners enjoy gourmet cooking and longed for the space to accommodate and entertain their large, extended family and friends. An addition was planned that replaced the small kitchen, dining nook and laundry room. The new addition included the kitchen, breakfast area, family room, laundry room, and powder room. The existing butler’s pantry was remodeled as well, to reflect the style and character of the home.
The most important objective for the addition was to maintain the historic and architectural character of the home. To achieve this, design elements were drawn from other areas of their home. These included woodwork details for the cabinetry, ceiling beams, trim, and fireplace mantle. Bringing in sunlight, lake and mountain views was a major goal, achieved with large windows, French doors and skylights. The new addition succeeded in creating an inviting, warm atmosphere for the homeowners, family and friends.